Get all of the links to today's stories right here:
Today on In Case You Missed It: Voters in the Florida Keys may have passed a measure to use bioengineered mosquitoes to combat the Zika virus and Dengue fever, but it’s still a battle there to get a community to accept the test. The FDA has approved use of altered bugs that are designed to mate, which would then result in offspring that would quickly die. You can get caught up on the back-and-forth, here.
Meanwhile SolarCity is touting a small American Somoan island as an example of solar energy done right. With a mix of panels and Tesla Powerpacks, the community of about 600 people is at nearly 100 percent renewable energy for everything.
If you’re interested in the apple computers as planters, the artist’s work is here. As always, please share any interesting tech or science videos you find by using the #ICYMI hashtag on Twitter for @mskerryd.
Subscribe to Engadget on YouTube: http://engt.co/subscribe
Get More Engadget:
• Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/engadget
• Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/engadget
• Follow us on Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/engadget
• Add us on Snapchat: https://www.snapchat.com/add/engadgetHQ
• Read more: http://www.engadget.com
Engadget is the definitive guide to this connected life.