Watch this video to find out how to make this recipe. Click to subscribe for more recipe.
PIEDMONTESE HAZELNUT CAKE (Serves - 4)
2 cups toasted hazelnuts
½ cup + 1 tablespoon refined flour (maida)
½ cup butter + for greasing
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
¼ cup powdered sugar
2 -3 tablespoons semolina (rawa/suji) + for dusting
1 teaspoon baking powder
A pinch salt
2 teaspoons olive oil
Icing sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 160° C.
2. Coarsely grind the hazelnuts.
3. Cream together ½ cup butter and brown sugar in a bowl using an electric beater till light and fluffy.
4. Break eggs in another bowl. Add vanilla essence and whisk well.
5. Sift together ½ cup + 1 tablespoon flour, powdered sugar, 2-3 tablespoons semolina, baking powder and salt in another bowl.
6. Add the egg mixture gradually to the butter-sugar mixture and whisk well, scraping the sides of the bowl.
7. Add ground hazelnut to the batter and mix. Add the flour mixture and fold well. Add olive oil and mix well.
8. Grease a round spring bottom mould with some butter and dust with some semolina. Pour the batter and tap. Put the tin in the preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven, cool and demould.
9. Dust with some icing sugar, cut into wedges and serve.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
Cookware by : http://www.wonderchef.in
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor